Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Presentation Software

How do I use Multimedia or Presentation Software?

To be honest, I really didn't utilize Multimedia Software.  The school I was teaching at was struggling with technology in each classroom. I was lucky to have an overhead projector. I did not have a Smartboard and only the last six months of being in the classroom was I given an ELMO to work with.  I do however feel every comfortable creating PowerPoint presentation if needed. I have created different Jeopardy like games for review with my students using PowerPoint. 
I did use books on CD during reading centers and also a music CD to get the blood moving in those cold winter months. I know this isn't software but it is a different form of media. 

How did my students use Multimedia or Presentation Software?

My students did not use Multimedia software in my classroom. I wasn't equipped with the technology needed to meet the requirements.  I do believe they created mini PowerPoint presentation in their technology class. I know the older grades would create pictures books using PowerPoint and the younger grades would come and view the stories.  


What else would I like to do with Multimedia Software?

I would like to create Digital stories. From reading in the book they sound like a great way to introduce a new subject. I could see using them in Social Studies to talk about different people and how they lived during different times in history.  

5 comments:

  1. I feel like we are in the same boat Rachel. I don't use very many different forms of multimedia, except for Power Point. Other blogs discuss Prezi. Have you heard of this? It might be something to look in to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Prezi but I just googled it (who doesn't love google). It looks pretty neat! I am hoping when I return to the classroom next year that I will have the tools needed to use some of these new programs we are all sharing.

      Delete
    2. Prezi is an interesting tool. I have used it for my students. I gave them extra points in they used it because there is a learning curve to using it. I gave them the option to use PowerPoint for a more basic presentation. It takes time to master and create a project that flows. I did try to use it on iPad because there is an app however the app does not have all of the functionality that the web-based program offers.

      Delete
  2. I think that using multimedia to create digital stories is a great idea! I think it would be great to have students create presentations of these digital stories to present to the class. Like you said it would be a great way in Social Studies to talk about people and how they lived during different times. It would also be a great way to preset places around the world and talk about them! There are many ways we could use digital stories to teach or help our students learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, you have to start somewhere and I am glad to hear that you are willing and able!! :)

    ReplyDelete