Friday, March 27, 2015

Web site software

How do you use self created Web sites Software?

I have only created websites for my college classes. When I was teaching (seven years ago), I didn't have the knowledge or resources to create a classroom website. We had a couple of teachers in our school that did have websites but I wasn't one of them. 


How do your students use Web Authoring tools?

My students never created websites or used the internet to create.  I know see were I was lacking but the school I was teaching at didn't have the resources to help teach these techniques. 


What else would you like to do? 

The first thing I plan on doing when I return to teaching is to make a classroom website. I hope to update the website weekly adding spelling words, what we are learning in the classroom, and other fun and interactive information for parents and students. 
Depending on the grade I teach, I might have the students create their own blogs and have them post on a regular basis about what we are doing in the classroom. 
Technology has changed in the amount of time I have been away from teaching and I am excited to rejoin the teaching world and explore all the different forms of technology. 


Image result for happy computers

4 comments:

  1. I have never had students create their own website or blog either, but I also think it could be very cool to have them create their own blog depending on the age group. I also think if I ever teach older students again that I might consider having them help update the classroom website and maybe even having a student section where they can write articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having older students create a student section would be great! I wonder even if we didn't teach older student would could borrow different students from other classes each month to add to the website. I think many older students would really enjoy that.

      Delete
  2. I find weebly.com to be the most user-friendly website software. I enjoy reading your honesty about not having a website or student led technology into your classroom. Continue to explore different forms of technology to rejoin the technology world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, It amazes me how much technology has changed in the classroom since I let the classroom 7 years ago, even in the school that I taught that. They now have Elmos, Ipad cart and other technologies I dreamed of having. When I did my field observation, I was shocked how much the Ipad had to offer for 2nd graders. I am hoping to find a school that has those items to offer to the students and teachers.

      Delete